Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Moments To Remember

A turn of the hem, a stitch of the seam....and a classic evening chemise is re-imagined as a sophisticated daytime sheath.


A column of pink dupioni silk that features a matching beaded, satin hip sash is shortened and narrowed for a chic daytime ensemble. Accessories include a fabulous straw hat from D.A.E. Originals' Haute Doll exclusive "Weekend in New York"  Vivette set, and OOAK jewelry from StrayCat. Black gloves are from Ashton Drake, shoes are from Joe Tai, and the whimsical, crystal-encrusted telephone purse is from The Couture Touch.

Credits:

"Moments To Remember" was designed by Dolly Cipolla for the 2000 Modern Doll Convention, circa 1958.
 "Symphony in G" Gene Marshall, enhanced with an Integrity articulated body, is from Ashton Drake.

6 comments:

  1. So clever and so lovely! I soooo wish I could sew like you! Hee! Gorgeous ensemble and wonderful photo, Melissa!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Megin. I'm pleased with how it turned out. Glad you like it. Melissa

      Delete
  2. Now I am wishing I had kept this outfit - how chic! Nice job, Melissa!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love how you style everything! I also gave my Symphony in G an IT body. I love her.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Diane! Symphony in G is one of my favorites also. Melissa

      Delete