Monday, January 24, 2011

Gene Marshall & Company Discover Anne Harper

Dateline Hollywood:  Director Ivy Jordan will use the studio's new costume designer Anne Harper for her latest film "Broadway Babes" starring Gene Marshall and Madra Lord.

Click photo to enlarge

The new Anne Harper Collection by Robert Tonner features a selection of fabulous suits and gowns worthy of a Hollywood star of the 1940's and 1950's era. 

Click photo to enlarge

"Captivatingly Coy" is my favorite of the 3 outfits I have.  I love the asymmetrical detailing of this pink and black ensemble.  A perfect choice for Ashton Drake's "Black Widow" Madra Lord with an Integrity articulated body.  I was pleasantly surprised as to how well this one fits.  Most Tonner fashions can be a little big especially in the waistline area. 

Click photo to enlarge

Here is a close-up of the fabulous hat and intricate detailing of the jacket.  Jewelry from Ashton Drake.  OOAK cigarette holder.

Click photo to enlarge

The best part of this "Fresh Take" black suit is the woven ribbon detailing. So 1940's!  As you can see, I replaced the original white blouse trimmed with pom-poms with a more tailored version in green.  I love this shade of green with red. I also eliminated the cuffs and added the oversized corsage.  The shoes are borrowed from Silo 30's Zita and the muff from Dark Desire.  This suit did not fit as well as "Captivatingly Coy".  I pinned both the jacket and skirt in the back for a closer fit.

Click photo to enlarge

I wish the hat looked more like Tonner's prototype pic.  But I think this works with my restyled Ashton Drake Gene's new hairdo.  The feather detailing on the hat is wonderful.

Click photo to enlarge

"Venus Rising" is a fabulous charmeuse gown with chiffon ruffles at the hemline.  The chiffon arm drapes really make this gown a stand-out.  The wonderful color looks perfect on this redhead diva, Metropolitan Madra from Metrodolls.  I also love the grey t-strap shoes with rhinestones.  Why is it the best shoes are hidden under gowns? 

Click photo to enlarge

Here is a shot of the gown without the arm drapes.  I just love those hemline ruffles!  The neckline is a tad low on Madra, but she can certainly pull it off! 

Gene & Company (and I) will be looking forward to future collections by Anne Harper, studio designer.

No comments:

Post a Comment